Confidential Auction Program
CAP (Confidential Auction Program) is a proprietary, industry-leading approach to help business owners sell their businesses for the most amount of money and the most attractive terms by soliciting buyers from a pre-screened local, national and international network of interested and motivated prospects.
- Multiple bids are always the goal of CAP.
- Buyers are unaware of the reserve price, therefore making their bids based on the value they perceive.
- Buyers are unaware of how many bidders there are, sometimes resulting in buyers competing against themselves due to the confidential business auction process.
- Buyers competing means more value/cash for the seller.
The Confidential Auction Program (CAP) is designed to accomplish the following:
- Market the business through non-traditional channels including the internet for global reach.
- Leverage traditional sales including direct mail, telemarketing, and special interest groups.
- Maximize the sale price through “auction excitement”.
- Conduct a date certain limited auction.
CAP is a “Limited Auction”…meaning:
- Owner may establish an undisclosed “reserve” price. If CAP does not achieve that minimum price then the business does not sell.
- In order to verify the reasonableness of the reserve price, CBI Team Fort Smith-River Valley may require an independent, certified, third party business valuation. CBI Team Fort Smith-River-Valley has preferred vendors to provide this service for a fee to the business owner.
- Owner may obtain multiple bids which then can be leveraged by continuing the auction with others who have submitted bids.